Nail Polish Canada is doing an INSANE polish giveaway!! One winner will take home up to 200 nail polish from over 10 different brands! Bloggers have nominated shades to add to the prize pool – right now it’s at 110 polishes, but it can up to 200! NCLA, Cirque Colors and Picture Polish are just a few of the awesome brands one of you could take home.
I nominated Cirque’s Queen Majesty to add to the pool. This amazing purple is high on my wishlist – if you win, you must send me photos!
By nominating a polish, I get to add my name to list of bloggers participating, and all of you get an extra way to enter the contest. Be sure to fill out the Rafflecopter form for your chance to win! **The giveaway is open to North America only, sorry international friends – keep your eyes on the blog for a giveaway open to you soon!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
During the hot summer months, I like to change up my skincare routine and keep it really simple. I like to keep things light when I can – out with the oils, heavy creams, in with the basics. I feel like between the sun and the moisture from the humidity, my skin calms down and takes a bit of a vacation during the summer. I don’t need to rely on super strength products for healthy looking skin. Here are my top 5 summer skin care products:
1. LUSH Celestial moisturizer* (45g/$24.95) – I’m loving this moisturizer for a few reasons: 1 – it moisturizes without feeling heavy or clogging. 2. It can be used as a heavy night cream (so nice on the days where I got a bit too much sun on my face). 3 – It dries to this somewhat tacky finish which seems to work like a primer. It’s a really great moisturizer, so if you’re in the market for a natural moisturizer, be sure to check this one out from Lush!
2. Marcelle Ultra Gentle Cleansing Gel (350ml/$12.95) – I LOVE this cleanser! I’ve been using it since January and let me tell you, it’s amazing. It’s super gentle, non-irritating, it rinses well (no filmy residue), you can use it wet or dry, it removes waterproof makeup, it’s great for all skin types…I could go on about this cleanser but it would be faster for you to try some for yourself!
3. L’Occitane Angelica Exfoliating Gel (75ml/$32) – The Angelica Exfoliating Gel may be a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way so you won’t need to run out every month for another tube. I like to exfoliate my skin at least twice a week and this gel does a really great job at it. It has a very fine grain and natural microbeads to slough off dead skin and stimulate circulation, leaving your face super soft and looking refreshed.
4. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (40m/$25) – I have professed my love for this acne fighter before. My opinion of Effaclar Duo hasn’t changed, i just use it more as a spot-treatment than an all over treatment now.
5. Yum Lemongrass Tonic (8oz./$37 online) ask your Esthetician about the brand and starter kits – I picked this toner up at the Esthetics Show in Toronto being familiar with the brand since we use their Glycolic at school. I wanted something that would help keep oil at bay during the warmer months. This toner does the trick! Yum uses mostly organic and natural ingredients in their skincare line making their products great for sensitive skin.
These are my top 5 summer skincare products, what are yours? Do you find you tone down your skincare in the summer?
*this product was provided for editorial purposes but does not bear any weight on my opinion
What better way to kick off summer than by winning a $500 Visa giftcard?! The Blogazons have come together again so that one of our lucky readers can score some new summer clothes, makeup, or get whatever they want with their $500!! I know I would be buying one of those blow up pools if I won.
Be sure to check out the other participating blogs. The Blogazon Summer Giveaway runs until June 30th. One winner will be chosen and entries verified. Open internationally.
What would you buy with a $500 Visa giftcard?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
May was a super busy month for me: I was in Philadelphia for a work conference at the beginning of the month (where I took an exam and received a designation that I’m really proud of!), back for one week, and then I was in Hungary with my mom for the rest of the month. Since I traveled so much, I tried to be conscious of my makeup choices when I was packing.
OK, so maybe not too conscious, considering I took two cosmetic bags full of makeup and brushes on both trips! I like to have options! You never know when you’re going to need to rock a smokey eye, right?!
As it turned out, when I was in Hungary I didn’t even touch a quarter of the products I brought. Instead, I opted for quick and easy makeup looks. Here are my favourite products that I used in May:
1. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Black – This is my go-to mascara and has been for years. After my essence mascara was ‘misplaced’ by housekeeping in Philadelphia, I picked up a new tube knowing that it would work for me.
2. MAC eyeshadow in ‘Jest’ – This soft pink adds a bit of colour without being too bright. A quick wash of colour and I’m good to go. Very feminine and works with pretty much all of my outfits
3. Covergirl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush in ‘Sophisticated Sable’ – Consider this my holy grail blush. The combination of the three shades is so, so flattering! Pigmentation is great, it’s long lasting, and it’s my favourite blush. I wear this almost every day.
4. Urban Decay Primer Potion – I have so many eye primers but I really wanted to try the original formula more after getting samples when I bought the Naked 3. I definitely get the hype over this primer now!
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliners in ‘Zero’ and ‘Demolition’ – Hands down, these liners are my favourite, even over gel liners which I used to wear daily. They do not budge all day, look super glossy, and seriously glide on effortlessly. I’m in love with these liners and am ready to give up my gels!
What are your May favourites? Have you tried any of my favourites?
I’m sure you’ve seen the cool video Dermablend put out where they used their products to cover up Zombieboy’s full body tattoo, right? How about their latest videos where they show Cassandra covering her severe acne, or Cheri concealing her vitiligo? Pretty crazy!
My acne is not even a fraction as bad as Cassandra’s (how I feel for her!), but it is something that bothers me. I can usually cover up my red/purple scars with concealer, but some are so dark that nothing I have will cover them. When Nail Polish Canada asked if I wanted to try a Dermablend product, I immediately jumped at the chance to try out one of their foundations.
Twice the coverage of a traditional foundation without a heavy feel. Even skin tone, flawless, natural look. Lightweight texture. Will not enhance appearance of wrinkles or pores. Long lasting up to 16 hours (when used with Setting Powder). Non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic. Allergy tested. Fragrance free. Cover: Rosacea, Redness, Uneven skin tone, Minor acne scars, Age spots.
I received Dermablend’s Smooth Indulgence Foundation in Sand Beige to review. I chose Sand Beige based on their photo shade selector, which breaks down the shades from Fair to Deep. When I received it, I admittedly thought it was going to be too dark, but after applying it, I felt like it was a great shade match.
The first day I wore Smooth Indulgence, I was so impressed by the coverage and the wear time (easily a good 10 hours). The packaging contains a latex sponge for application, but I used my fingers to help blend it out. As I mentioned, the coverage is amazing, so I didn’t even feel the need for concealer.
Smooth Indulgence blends smoothly, has fantastic coverage, is long lasting and didn’t feel heavy like some medium-full coverage foundations can. If there is anything I dislike more with foundations, it’s being able to feel it on my skin throughout the day. Smooth Indulgence also offers SPF 20 coverage. The winning point for Smooth Indulgence is how little you need. A pea size amount will cover your entire face, and leave a bit for spot concealing if needed. I think that’s on the generous side too – usually after blending, I feel like I’ve wasted some of the foundation.
Dermablend’s Smooth Ingulgence Foundation is $34.00 CAD through Nail Polish Canada. Plus, all Dermablend products ship free – and shipping is fast! NPC offers a great selection of Dermablend products, if you have skin conditions that make you self conscious, I really recommend trying Dermablend. Smooth Indulgence is going to be a staple in my makeup routine!
Have you tried Dermablend? What products do you recommend?
Happy June! Today I have just a quick post to share the super fun nail Nail Polish Canada Swatch Challenge which features one of my swatches! Take a few minutes to play!
Can you figure out what the shade is from the swatch? Let me know how you did!