You may remember by 29th birthday wishlist I posted a few weeks ago. I was graciously gifted some money to spend at Sephora from my mom (thanks again Mom! I know you’re reading this :P), so I took advantage of the VIB 20% off sale. My friend Alicia from Funny Face Beauty and I went to our local Sephora to shop, but I barely found anything on my wishlist! Plus what I did find, I realized I didn’t actually want after swatching. Go figure! I ended up placing my order online and had to wait a lot longer than I was expecting to receive everything. Sephora sent out an email to apologize for the delay and said I would be receiving 250 points for the delay. They actually ended up crediting me 500! So of course, my package arrived while I was in Seattle for work, so I had to wait even longer to look at everything. When you’re a beauty fiend like I am, this is torture! Anyway, I was so excited to see my package, I quickly said hello to my boyfriend and furbabies, and tore right into it.
I ended up with a few things from my wishlist, and a few impulse buys, plus one kit that Alicia recommended.
1. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Rose Gold ($47) – Uuugh this is so pretty. I don’t even want to use it, I just want to stare at it. I am kind of dispointed that it doesn’t have the cool prism pattern like some I’ve seen, or am I thinking of a totally different product??
2. Urban Decay VIB 500 point perk – The best, perfectly packaged perk I’ve ever seen. This little palette and liner combo is perfect for daily use and will travel so well. I think I might be the most excited for this.
3. Dior Poison ($62) – I don’t know why this perfume is so hard to find. My boyfriend says I smell like an old lady with it on, which I guess is fitting seeing as I’m almost over the hill and all. I’ve been wearing it all the time anyway. What do men know about fragrance?!
4. Tarte Sweet Dreams deluxe bestsellers kit ($21) – I really bought this for the eye cream and the cute Maracuja oil bottle. The cheek stain is just a bonus. It’s pretty sheer, so I don’t think I’ll use it too much, but it might be nice for my pale winter skin.
5. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose ($51) – This is the only thing that was in my local Sephora. I had a hard time deciding between Rose and Pink Quartz, but I think I made a good choice.
6. Tarte Maracuja oil & Maracuja C-Brighter eye cream – Part of the Tarte set that the cheek stain came in. I’ve read a lot of positive reviews on the eye cream, and have been looking for a new one for awhile.
7. Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer (4oz/$67) – This moisturizer is THE BEST! I swear it doubles as a primer too. If you haven’t tried it, please go and get a sample (Canadians, this might be hard to find as it’s not sold in Canadian locations on it’s own, but it is in the Winter Skincare kit)
8. Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders Bonus set ($84, $138 value) – Alicia said that she loved this kit, and bought a few for her and her mom. Plus she pointed out that the Truth Serum is full size, so you’re actually getting a great deal with all 4 products since the serum is $60 on it’s own. Can’t wait to try this!
Did you get anything from the VIB sale? Let me know in the comments!